Old 01-29-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
IOAA2

Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
Hi, thank you for the hope. I have been down this road and a few rehabs. Wish one had been in London. I would have stayed there. Someone told me once that all the drinking does not bring back people that I have loss. That goes for dogs also. I am feeling so angry at myself for wasting so many years of my life. I have a hard time w AA here in this cowtown I live in. I have not connected w hardly anyone here in the program. I am a serial relasper and feel like I need a new town w new faces in AA. Omg you have no clue. This is not London, New York or New Orleans. I know that sounds like a big excuse. I have been trying AA here for years. It is what it is and not many to choose from. The only game in town. Wich really sucks. I am not bashing AA. Because I need the support and will go. I also know there is other choices out there. I can not do this alone so I have to go to AA. I am venting here because I need to. I can not tell people in AA how I truly feel. They would shoot me down in a minute. So here I am writing and venting to get through another night without Crown Royal. Thank you for being there.

Hi.

For a long time AA has expanded by people who got a coffee pot and a meeting room to start another meeting for whatever reason.

I found I needed to do much more than sit in the back row and complain. I needed to get active by making coffee, setting up the hall, participating in the meetings, cleaning up, participating in service work and meetings, going on commitments and on and on. It’s called being active and embraces the way the program works, helping other alcoholics.

It’s helped keep me sober and that’s the bottom line.

“IF IT WORKS DON’T FIX IT.”

BE WELL