View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
JustAYak
Clever Yak

It has been settled...I am being transferred out of here tomorrow to a different facility. It's not a hospital per say, it's state run but it's not a ward of a hospital, it's a whole "community" (read building) of mentally ill. Sounds fun, right? I know, you don't have to be jealous.

The reason I am being transferred is mainly because my insurance says "no more" and this place is supposedly free for me since I'm crazy enough to qualify somehow, and because they have more leeway there in terms of things like "service" dogs...though Moose technically isn't one just because he wasn't trained in by a service dog organization. The lines are fuzzy, I think I can actually legally get away with calling him a service dog because I have trained him on tasks that are specific to my mental health and have therapy dog trained him (like he's a legit certified therapy dog, went through the training and everything). Service dogs actually don't need to be certified by anyone. He's pretty good with just about everything except laying down for hours on end. That's the one thing he won't do. Otherwise, no one would know the difference if I slapped a service dog vest on him. Anyway, I'm getting off track. I still don't think A is really allowed at this new place, but if I can have Moose everything will be 5 million times better for me... we'll see. Nothing is guaranteed. I'm sure there will be some silly stipulation that works against me. Seems to be how it always goes.

I think this is a good thing? I'm not really sure. The voices have softened a bit but now the memories are bugging me (an understatement). If it's not one thing it's the other...