View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
jmag

Red - I've never posted, but have been following your story for a little while now. I've had a pretty serious addiction to opiates for 4 years or so and about 6 months ago I took some time off work to get clean. I made it 2 momths before I relapsed and moved from OCs to H. 31 days ago - I quit cold turkey. Unable to take off again - I had to go to work everyday and just deal with it. Honestly, it was one of the hardest things I've done in my life. I work in finance, so things get hectic. Happy to report - I am 31 says clean today and I wanted to thank you for posting your progress, etc. Actually, I want to thank everyone here at SR. Got me through some tough days. PAWs can be a b*tch, but its doable. Have to start exercising a little as that helps a ton. Finally eating and sleeping normally - the aches haven't left 100% yet. Getting clean is really doable and even though its scary/tough - the end result is worth it. I am sure many other people are using these forums for support and not posting too, if so, keep at it!