View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
QueSera81

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
you don't HEAL in three weeks. you just barely stopped talking to your EX bf and are already starting up with a new guy. you don't see where that is moving too fast and NOT GIVING yourself time to heal?

a new guy can't fix the issues raised by the old guy. you haven't had any TIME to decompress, do any work on what the last relationship was about and now NEW guy is bringing soup to your home after a week??

way too fast hon. slow down.
I didn't expect to be healed. And I didn't expect anything of anyone I am dating at this point (and there are a few different guys I've been out with once or twice). I moved here literally two weeks before I met my ex and ended up dating him for almost 6 months. In that time I made some friends but he certainly interfered with my ability to do so at times. So after we broke up, I figured I had a choice. I could sit home and watch TV all winter, or I could get out there and meet people. I've been dating some but I've also joined an indoor recreational sports league and have been trying to say yes to as many plans as I possibly could with the small group of friends I have here.

Interestingly enough, I have never been the type of girl to even want to date for a LONG time after a breakup (a year for my last one before this!). I think this time I felt very "done" with the relationship in many ways before it ended. I guess I thought I was more ready to start dating again than I was.