View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
LBrain

"The beatings will continue until morale improves!"

There are two schools of thought on this. Either go along with it ala BigS comments, or put down the flashlight and back away.

My thoughts are - from your comments - that you have never had to deal with any type of discipline or structure. It's a wild guess. So any type of regimented program may seem 'out there' to you. Again, just a guess.
But that they are adding on to your 'sentence' because you are not playing along seems interesting. And that you are having to see a type of psychologist/social worker as determined by your response to "treatment" seems odd. Is seeing this individual based on your attitude or is it a scheduled part of the program?

Unfortunately, those who just go through the motions and 'play along' are graduated with honors while those who question it or lash back are sent to the brig. Each gets from it what they desire, assuming it is a legitimate program of recovery. And it may be futile to ask questions of this IOP, I'm afraid the only answer you will get is, "Because we said so."

If at all possible, speak to someone 'in charge' and get a breakdown of their methods and reasons. Maybe this was done upfront but not understood?
Can only guess. Make the best of it.

MY experience with places that had both inpatient and IOP was that the two shall never interact. It was a violation for inpatient to go near the IOP area. And same for IOP talking to inpatient folks.

This is from 2 places I know of.