View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by deadlydame View Post
Hello everyone, about four weeks ago I started an IOP and am surprised of all the rules and conditions they impose on IOP clients. For example, I have to take my lunch with the inpatients even though I have no morning classes. All the Inpatients could be my daughters and the main disorder is anorexia. But I had no say in the matter. they just announce me that they have no discharge date for me because they dont like my attitude. Guess who is paying? and they imposed an outisde therapist twice a week. guess who is paying again! I am so pissed right now that i can't be even fair as far as if they are good or not. sorry for venting. but if someone has an experience with IOP, would love to hear it. Thank you and have a great day.

I noticed that you are in Tampa, Florida. There is an IOP program that is connected to Memorial Hospital. I don't know what part of Tampa you live in, but it might be worth looking into. It is not just for alcoholics though, but for a wide variety of issues. It treats the underlying causes of these issues. Most people there were dealing with anxiety and depression problems along with PTSD, family issues and suicidal ideations. It breaks up the four hours into three sessions, each with a different therapist. You eat lunch with the people in the group, not inpatient people. The hours are 10:30 am to 2:30 for either 5 days a week or 3 days a week. They provide a therapist there as well as a psychiatrist, but you see them there during the four hours. They also provide a medical doctor if needed.
This program is not connected to any treatment center so I'm not sure if it would fit your needs.
The therapists can be a little hard on some peoples' attitudes, but not as bad as what you are going through.
It helped me a lot and really miss going.
John