View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Jsbodhi

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Shannon, fingers crossed on your job situation, keep us posted..

JS..sounds like you know this is right so that is a good thing. It's much more difficult when you can't accept that it's over that's for sure. I do have the fitness pal app. My goal is to get a plan in place for feb 1st and really just focus on sobriety this week. I have recently gotten into jogging (at a snails pace, though) but I need to fit it into my schedule better.

Brynn, good news! Happy for you

Dax, yes, that has been my issue too... Not drinking forever is a concept I haven't been able to grasp. It takes time though. I know when I had 60 days two years ago, I felt strong as heck for a while there. Until I got complacent. I've been at this since 2011 as well. I've come far, but not far enough.

Trying to pay attention to my thoughts this afternoon at work. When alcohol enters my mind (meaning, I want to drink tonight) I can tell that if I agree to it, in my mind, it's like a relief for me. Like a prize waiting for me at the end of the day. When I tell myself NO, I feel deprived and like the evening will be empty and boring. My AV throws a temper tantrum. BUT I WANT TO DRINK!!

The me who knows better realizes that after a good meal and a long walk with my doggie, the desire will be lifted. I will settle in for a nice night with my beautiful girls, talking, homework, television. Then a cozy, restful nights sleep and wake up refreshed and peaceful tomorrow.

It comes down to this moment.. End of the day at work.. Squashing that belief that alcohol is a relief or somehow deserved or something to look forward to.

Just a glimpse into my brain!! Anyone else ?

(Feels good to type it out)
I do the same thing, I think about drinking at the end of the day after work and I think about how boring my night is going to be without wine( even though it rarely is).
Same as you, I find if I just go home and settle into cooking, reading, coming here, study or some other activity I'm safe from the drink, I'm finding the key is to get home without going to the liquor store.

I have temper tantrums in my head too " but I WANT a drink wahhhh, and I work so hard, and my bills are paid, or I need to have one last night to say goodbye to alcohol, or I don't care, I'm only on day 2 one more night won't hurt, the sun is shining or it's not, I'm happy I need to celebrate, I'm sad blah blah the list goes on.
I'm slowly learning not to engage the argument, easier said than done. We're getting there fabl