View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 06:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by walkbeformakrun View Post
I've been 100% alcohol free now for almost two weeks. I feel great and want to continue this way the rest of my life.
WalkB4MR, This is YOU. This is what YOU want, it's clear. So, AVRT's Big Plan, 'You will never drink again AND never change your mind' is exactly what YOU want. YOU have no problem with this at all, in fact you know that is the only rational and reasonable approach for people like you and me.

It is your AV that is not happy with this. This gives your AV the screaming meemies. The uneasiness and uncertainty you feel is AV, purely and solely, not you.

This is a big part of AVRT - recognize the thoughts that point to drinking again or uncertainty in success in permanent abstinence as what they are - the voice of your addiction. (To me, there is no beast or mythical entity, but there is a whacked out pleasure drive developed from years of alcohol abuse and addiction. So that's why I say AV rather than beast.)

Draw a clear line between what you want and what your AV thinks you should have. We know where that AV leads, though - you sitting in an empty room with nothing - no family, job, health, no hope. No life. Just misery and despair. You deserve so much more, and you can have it.

So WalkB4MR, what do you say? Are you ready to make your plan about continuing to use alcohol?