View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
i just feel really hopeless for her and sad to think that that is the life she chose over the life that we could have had together. i know i shouldn't be thinking any of its my fault but i cant help to think i should be trying to fix it by calling the gma and asking for help for her.
Well, you could do that. But what would be your motivation? Would it be to help her, or to assuage your (in my view misplaced) guilt?

You've been with us since June '13. To me, this means you've got a 19 month data sample as to who and what she's all about. Only you don't want to believe it.

She's an addict. And none of what you described above surprises me in the slightest. She's an addict behaving like an addict, and she will continue to do this and not take responsibility for any of it. She'll blame you, or her mother, or the other guy I presume she's boinking...anyone but herself.

Back on January 3, I wrote the following in response to your post on January 2:

Yes, it's sad. But she is what she is. And if you want to keep experiencing the same disappointments over and over, keep doing what you're doing. Which even you know is insane. Or you can do something different: detach. Acknowledge she is what she is, and keep a buffer between you and her such that no matter what she does, you're going to be OK.

What's preventing you from doing this?
I'll answer it for you: you love her. And somewhere in the back of your mind, you're probably thinking you can love her out of it.

And I'm here to tell you that you can't.

A broken heart sucks. Been there more than once. But better a broken heart than someone continually messing with your head while breaking your heart. Get rid of her. Allow her to live her life, her way, and begin the process of restoring your sanity. What you've done since June '13 has not worked. Time to do something better and smarter for you.

PS -- Read this, and you'll understand where I'm coming from: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...niversary.html