View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RedManc7

Not remotely tempted

Went to bikram this morning came home then went out for breakfast. Bizarrely as I walked down the street I saw an friend I used to be best pals with get out of a car. I recognised the car and the person in it - my old smack dealer. Id told him before I was clean now and never to mention or ask about heroin ever again. He goes "you're not meeting X are you?!" Thinking I might have called to score at the same time. I went "'no I'm walking home, I thought you said you weren't using?" He goes "aaah I've been rumbled" he lives around the corner on his own. I had no interest or desire in jumping in the car and scoring and the prospect of going back to his seedy bedsit and getting on had zero appeal as well. To be fair he didn't ask I just told him to go easy and we went our separate ways. Weird how excited i used to get to see that car pull up, the hours spent waiting in car parks for X etc to turn up. What a waste. Now, no temptation or appeal at all. Another small victory on the road to recovery.