View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marcus

Sorry to hear that Viril. When I was on Methadone my insurance did cover it. Instead of 80 bucks a week I just had to pay the copay weekly so it was only 25 a week which saved over $220 a month. I have also been on suboxone in the past and that was an even cheaper option. My doctor would write scripts for 2 months so all I had to pay was the copay for the doctor visit and the cost of the prescription which was minimal plus there were discounts offered by the makers of suboxone back then. Now this was 3 years ago though so I am not quite sure if things have changed since then.

If methadone is truly working for you I would try to find out if the clinic you are at takes insurance. If not maybe try another clinic in your area. Switching from methadone to suboxone while doable is a tad painful. You have to get down to 25mg or so and then take like 4 days off before inducing on subs. Also you will get at least a months worth of suboxone so have to be in the right mindset or you might end up abusing it.

Good Luck. Hope that helps!