View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
VirileAgitur
''A day at a time..''

Exclamation In Desperate Need of Help

I didn't receive any responses in the methadon sub-forum. If there is an issue with me re-posting here I kindly ask a moderator to delete it.

Hello everyone.

I am going to try to summarize as best as I can. If there are any questions I will be happy to answer.

I am currently on 75mg a day of methadone and have been paying 12$/day or roughly 360$/month for about a year now. I haven't had a job in this time and have been able to BARELY come up with this money each month by some miracle. My entire family shares one car and the possibility of breaking down scares me every day since I have to go 4 days a week. By the way, there are no programs in my city for assistance paying or transportation. My clinic also doesn't accept insurance nor does the other one in my town.

It has become too much for me to worry about and I have had no luck finding a job. I am trying to find an option that is much more affordable. I have been looking at the prices for Suboxone and Subutex and have thought about going down in my dose and switching. According to the healthcare marketplace I can get insurance for roughly 80-90$ a month. I just wanted to note that even though I am unsure if it will cover these things.

I simply just really need some advice on a cheaper option for me. I am not ready to give it all up yet. I have only quit using for the past two months.

Thank you.