View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RedManc7

I've been clean since dec 19th - PAWS factor high at times. Booze is an anaesthetic to me, there a good reason it's the legal drug - just numbs you to reality. What you doing instead of boozing? What have you replaced it with, have to replace one habit with another I'm sure you know that. I like the day times best, at night the wolves start howling in my ear and I don't enjoy night as much. If you anything like me you used to solve your problems, they were my solution. Now I have to deal with my problems straight. Too early for me to say whether it's just me/my personality or PAWS or depression etc. Too early for me personally to give that any energy - I'm focusing on building a clean life and activities/behaviours that support it. I'm not giving much energy to my emotions - unless like the other day they overwhelm me to the level where I think about using. Dealing with the emotional mess inside me can wait till I've got more clean time under my belt. Stay strong :-) life will get better clean/sober and we all know using/boozing doesn't solve anything.