View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BlueSkiesAhead

Hello Deanmal,
Congratulations on 7 days, that is huge, and much of the worst is over. I applaud you for looking to find a home group and a sponsor. I am a sponsor myself and have a sponsor in the program. I attend several meetings a week, but have a home group where we are all truly family. I would recommend going to as many meetings as you can at times that work for your schedule. Hitting 90 in 90 days is a solid plan, and will allow you to test the groups, and you will see people there who can be potential sponsors. I suggest you find someone who is happy in the program, living their sober life working the steps, who has some sobriety under their belt. I say happy because we find a peace and a joy when we accept the program, and are truly working it. You will know simply by listening to people. You will know what I mean. As far as a home group, again, it will be with a group you can relate to, and feel comfortable with. Doing 90 in 90 will expose you to a lot of different groups. I wish you the best. It is truly life changing, and so incredibly rewarding. Keep posting here, there is a huge amount of wisdom here. Congratulations! BSA