View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Deanmal

Just completed first 7 days sober

Over the last four years of my life I have been severely addicted to pain medication. Did not matter what kind and it did not matter what strength if it was in front of my face I would take it... all of it and put it into my body in some way shape or form. I just completed my first detox program and have been out of there for two days so far. I have attended a meeting both nights so far that I have been out of detox. My plan is to complete 90 meetings in 90 days. I also have some questions about finding a home group and a sponsor. What should I look at in a person when choosing him to be my sponsor? Also what do you recommend your home group to be like? I am very new to this and I want to get it rite the first time. I never want to be in the position I was in a week ago today when I had my family sitting in a room as I fought through the tears to tell them I had a severe drug addiction. I have been told numerous times in my short length of recovery that "you aint never got to feel like that again" and I am going to do everything in my willpower to make sure that feeling never EVER returns.