View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
GnikNus

Day 52. I've downloaded other sober apps, just to have a variety of recovery resources available. Cravings during the week are nonexistent, though last night (Friday) I felt the tug for a drink after a long day. It passed, I went to sleep and woke up for day 52.
Nothing much to report, other than I am benefitting from not drinking in ways I wouldn't have imagined. What's strange is the fact that interactions with people have improved. I'm referring to during the day, when alcohol was usually not in the picture (except weekends). Interactions are clearer and easier ( that could be said about every other aspect of life as well).

Before early December, this point in my day would be spent counting the hours until I could take a nap to recover from a Friday binge. What a waste that was- all those Saturdays. Now I have a full day ahead of me- and I'll be able to enjoy it and remember every aspect if it. I'll be more productive and get things done.

Planning for a weekend around the house with my kids, doing some cooking and maybe stepping out for some fishing at some point.