View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Magellan

Originally Posted by 11Stars View Post
I know everyone here is committed to never drinking again but I am not sure.

Thanks, Happy weekend,
11Stars
Hi Stars,
Erratic, Ubntub & Kensho seem to have hit it on the head, my little experience with going alittle over 2 weeks in Oct and telling myself I could have a glass of wine led me to a deeper struggle with trying to get those days back and then hardly being sober through the Holidays and struggling to get my footing back. I think my sober self liked it and the AV stepped up its game to keep me from feeling the great way I did sober. As much as I would tell myself that nothing good would come from alcohol and alcohol doesn't make anything better (it really doesn't) I was pulled/lulled right back into the same old pattern. Thank you for your post as it does solidify some of my thinking that I can't just go 100 days or 3 months, 5 months that this is forever and that is actually a good thing, I have put it off for to long. I know I will have struggles but I will try hard to get to where you and hopefully the farther I get away from alcohol, the more I replace the old with the new.
Erratic, to your point I am an alcoholic and I know I can't drink in moderation even though my logical self says I can, once I have one drink the logically self goes away and all bets are off.
Today is a new day and I am beginning it well and serenely...and will not waste a moment on yesterday's. that is my Emerson...hahaha
Happy Sober Saturday everyone.
Stay strong.