View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
ubntubnt

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Thanks Dee and worforit. It is nice to know somebody cares if I drink or not. I don't have much traction these days. Not with much of anything in life. No drive.
Phoebe, please keep working it. Progress isn't a straight line. Sometimes we need to grind away without the recognition. It's not wasted, it all builds your foundations as a person and the dividends will come. There will be many moments of joy in time.

I remember seeing an interview with Michael Phelps. He was saying that dragging himself out of bed really early, training by himself many days, usually not wanting to but driving himself towards the goal and staying the course are what made him the athlete that he is/was. The competition and medals were just the last 1%.

For the past 10 weeks my wife was refusing to agree that I an alcoholic, she teased me on occasion about AA. I know the problem that I have so I have grinded it out as you know. Last night I was teasing her and said that I was going out for a few beers and she said "no, no, no, no don't do that. You are almost the perfect husband now". I suppose almost is better than totally crap. It is being noticed phoebe, everything is noticed. keep sticking to it, but do it for yourself. The rest will all fall into place.