Old 01-23-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Stung

My husband doesn't really know about other methods than AA and he's currently a chronic relapser. I wonder if this would be a better fit for him. He keeps saying over and over again that he just wants it all to go away. I think a "never ever again" approach might be better for him, because I think he struggles with a lot of maybes and the powerlessness that other people have talked on here.

I'm also at the point where I think I'm ready to throw the towel in. I feel for the guy but this crap is just bananas now. He is a wonderful man but this little merry go round that he is stuck on is getting really, really, really old.

For the other members who this method was successful for, did you try anything before this? I think I'm going to go meet with an attorney on Monday and get divorce papers drawn up, sit my husband down on Monday night and tell him that we've entered the lightening round of our marriage and if he drinks again I'm filing the papers otherwise he's free and clear to move back in as long as he's sober. He really is a pretty great guy when he isn't drinking (aside from the fact that he lies but that has always been there even with his drinking was manageable in the past).

For me, I want to try something different. Him relapsing and me being understanding and patient is getting a little too comfortable. I'm ready to move on from this and I know he is too. Maybe we just need to try something different from the 12 steps.