View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 01:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BrodyCrystal4

Originally Posted by Howdy12 View Post
I'm sure I can't be the only one that has nightmares that, as corny as it sounds, are exactly like the movie Inception...or the same concept at least.

Multiple times a week I'll get "caught" in a dream. I'm stuck in a nightmare and during the nightmare I'll "wake up" multiple times but not actually be awake. This happened just last night and was one of the worse nightmares I've ever had. I always have lucid dreams so it seems completely real. I can always tell I'm in a dream and while asleep I'll tell myself I need to wake up...but when I wake up I'm still stuck in that nightmare. This usually happens 3-4 times before I FINALLY wake up into reality.

I used to take Benadryl to fall asleep but quickly became dependent on it. I then tried Melatonin which somehow manged to give me worse nightmares.

I've had insomnia as long as I can remember (the first time I realized I don't sleep normally I was 7 or 8 years old).

Does anyone else experience nightmares like this? I haven't drank in almost a week, is it alcohol related?
Wow. This is almost exactly what I'm going through. Some points of note.

Good luck pal! When I try all this stuff out over the next few nights, I'll post here.

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
            Over the 32 years i have always dreamed

Not to go into too much detail but I have suffered extreme sleep paralysis sleepwalking,making food,talking, and other embarrassing associated with this

The nightmares were by far the worst and 13 months in I still get them but do not remember them I wake up in a cold sweat so I know I have been having a nightmare

I may have some form of PTSD

I am trying hard to get an 8 h sleep I'm determined as never in my adult life (15) have I ever managed this

Through being sober and making myself well again it is getting a lot better

The inception nightmare is so confusing and I totally relate you are not alone
            Jeez, that sucks. I hope you can get a good shrink and some advice ASAP.