Old 01-22-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Congratulations Glimer! You must feel relieved, relaxed, and ready for some junk on the boob-tube. Nice work!

PK had a message that grabbed me:

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
I used to think that was unachievable, a whole new world that I could never be a part of, the simple things that alcohol never allowed me to do. I'm now one of those people that I used to envy!!
I really like hearing these kinds of stories - the weekend mornings that PK has now sound like something out of a fairy tale! You're really kicking butt out there.

I remember when I was in rehab, and we had a guest speaker. The guy was about my age, but the similarities ended there. He was fit, in shape, and really kind. He had his act together. He showed up on his bike, and just looked so....HEALTHY. I thought to myself, "That's what I want to be like". The fact that this guy had also struggled with alcohol in the past really gave me hope.

Today, like PK, I'm digging my weekends. In the old days, I used to ask my friends "why don't you come over for a drink"....the weekend options started and ended right there. That was all I had to offer. So glad to be here with so many others who have found/are finding that there's a bigger world out there.

Ruby - cool story about Nickel. Sounds like that trip to the Shedd was a blast for all involved! Those turtles really are so much bigger than you think. Those loggerheads especially are absolutely huge!