View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
360shoes

Hi Matilda,
That would scare me too. And I had a break in once when I wasn't home but it still shook me for quite awhile. Hated walking in my own house for quite sometime.

Here's what I did. I went to all my neighbors I knew and told them I was scared and ask them to help me by just keeping an eye out for me. Not a one didn't step up. Everyone was so nice and checked up on me or called me. All the men in the neighborhood kinda took it on themselves to really bring it. I don't think any of us women walked to our houses at night alone. I know I didn't have to take my garbage cans out to the curb at night for several months.

It really helped to ask for their help. Even if it was simply keeping all our porch lights on for awhile. It ended up us all watching out for each other. I got over my fear and they helped me.

If you are scared imagine how scared that poor family is? If you know them go over and ask them if they need anything. I would think there are other neighbors scared too. Especially people who live alone. Or elderly people.

I learned sometimes I need help and sometimes I'm the helper. And sometimes I get to be both at the same time.

I'm so sorry you are scared. I'm glad you have your dogs. My chihuahua is head of my security. She may be small but her bark is all big dog. And as long as a burglar doesn't see her, they would think it was a Rottweiler on the other side of the door.

Hang in there.