Thread: Full Disclosure
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
newhope01

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
For me I realized that one of us had better get our acts together and keep it that way and then hopefully the other would follow suit. I had to worry about me and get my act together and not allow myself to go be bad with her. This urked her to no end I'm sure but I had to do this so I could be better for her etc...

I know what you mean about without her you might just go get drunk and not care. Now I never quit for my wife I quit for me but I had the very same thoughts. without my wife and kids heck does it matter i'll just go live in a dumpster and get drunk who cares. It was until a coupel years into sobriety my thoughts started to shift on that and I started to think ya know god forbid I was without them ya know it would be possible to remain sober and at least not have that problem others can do it why cant I? it gives me hope that god forbid I'm ever in that predicament i'll be able to make the right choices then too. But who knows I could give up throw in the towel too but I don't thinkt that's a solution.
^^^^All this, but particularly to the bolded.