View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
progress

Well, I'm off to AA this morning

Hi all--

In remembering the first time I stopped drinking in 1987, I remember that I started going to meetings even before I took my last drink. Geez, there are just too many regrets piling ever higher.

It is no small feat to get to meetings where I live, and it seems like the schedules are almost taunting me, they are so incompatible with the times I'm available. But no matter...I'm tired of saying sorry to people, tired of feeling sorry inside, tired of feeling so ashamed.

I recently came back here and stated that "failure is not an option." I also have read here the very true statement that "nothing changes unless something changes." So I'm going to my son's school to watch a dance performance, then hitting the road to a 10 AM meeting.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, right? And for crissakes, it sure has hit home that I am totally, utterly, and entirely powerless over alcohol at this point.

Please pray for me, everyone. And now I'm going to stop writing so my crying doesn't get my keyboard all wet.