View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Eddiebuckle

Originally Posted by Tiredwife88 View Post
Some of these things include not interacting with the family, not communicating, doing things that used to trigger his anxiety and drinking. So far in 2 days, he's not talked to me, just goes to meetings and watches tv alone in the bedroom. Has not even emptied out his suitcase. He's exactly the same as he was before except not drinking.
But I feel that what he did tonight was not right. He told our daughter that he would break her jaw. Because she yelled at him to not treat me the way he way he was.
She had to watch him freak out and hit himself in the face repeatedly. How difficult is that for a daughter to witness, and to hear, no matter what age?
Then he comes back and says he's sorry to her.
I'm so upset right now.
TW,

That is extreme behavior, and you are right to be concerned. Physically and verbally isolating are potential signs of backsliding. But threatening your daughter, losing his temper, and hitting himself are way out of line. As important as supporting his sobriety is, your safety is more important.

Does your husband have a psychiatrist or other mental health professional that he is working with? This is not behavior that warrants a "wait and see" approach in my opinion.