View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cupowater

Expecting the unexpectable!

Sometimes I can be taken so off gard! Last night when I got home from work at 6pm, here is my AH standing there in the kitchen, all grins because He found out someone had some puppies. He has been looking for a few months and REALLY wants a dog! So he asked me to drive him there since he had been drinking. So I agreed. I wanted to see them too. The whole time he is sluring his words, and trying so hard to not act like he is drunk! (sure! I didn't notice! ) We went into the dog pen to look at the dogs, and when we were done, the owner and I went out the door. AH stayed back a few min with the dogs while the owner and I talked. I saw out of the corner of my eye that AH could not figure out how to open the door of the cage to get out!!! He finally figured it out though. Then on the way home, we were about to pass the bar he goes to, and he says, "Just let me out here." I was half shocked! I had just asked him a few min before what we were going to do for dinner, and he had told me that he was cooking a steak! Well, I got home, and the "boys" (19 and 23) were there, and aparently AH had told the 19 year old that he was cooking steak. The steak was sitting on a broiler pan ready to cook. There was chicken stir fry half way cooked. I told my son I would cook the steak for him. He said no, that was ok. Both boys were almost shocked that he was at the bar! So I added some brocolli and the mushrooms and onions he had sitting there and finished cooking it. Wrapped up the steak and put it in the frig.
I suppose celebrating the coming of the puppy had some priority! :slaphead The boys and sat and ate dinner together, and had nice conversation. I just hate it when stuff like that happenes to them. What a dissapointment!