View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
aboutdone
aboutdone

Yes, there are facilities that do that with an outpatient program set up as aftercare.

I agree with all the above.

NC, is simple to.put in place. You DO NOT owe an explanation. Not at all. Simply stop answering the phone, emails, or texts. You have stated your boundaries many times. On occasion NC works toward dropping them on their rock bottom so look.at it like your doing him a favor. NC is sooo much more beneficial to you though. YOU have no way of objectively looking at the big picture when you are in the middle of it. Every day that is NC is another day forward away from the merry go round.

His desire for treatment....i told mine I wouldn't drive him there and I didn't. IF he wants it, he will find a way. If you are NC And he gets sober he will show up at your door to announce it.

I know the loneliness. I know how you feel he needs a friend. He needs your help. BUT he doesn't. It is a very hard lesson to learn to just let them go, but neither you or him can grow in this situation if someone doesn't start making the changes. Why not let it start with you? You aren't in the hands of addiction so put on your wings and fly. You are the one with the clear head to make the best decisions for you. As for him, he will figure it out or he won't. Not your problem. Let your HP handle him <3