Old 01-19-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
MelindaFlowers

I drank 12 units of vodka every evening. Skipped maybe 5-10 nights a year and the quantity was very consistent. I switched to beer the last year because the vodka hangovers were too much to handle but kept drinking 10 beers a night or so. Reverse tolerance started in the last year so averaged 8-10 beers a night.

Because I had drink every night for about seven or eight years I started going through daily withdrawals although at the time I didn't realize it. I thought they were just hangovers.

So when I stopped I would say my symptoms were high blood pressure, insomnia, feelings of general "unease" and periods of sheer panic that lasted about five minutes.

I never felt I was in danger or needed to go to the emergency room. However, one thing that other people of mentioned which I find very interesting is that depersonalization. I definitely had this where I kind of felt like I was standing out of my body or not quite there. I like to say I felt like an alien.

My moods were peaks and valleys. Mainly valleys it first. I would have moments are I would think wow yeah the sobriety feels pretty good. And then other moments where I think oh my god what is happened to my life what am I doing?

But I can tell you life is so much better without drinking. It's not only better, I actually could not have continued any longer. It wasn't even an option.