View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
gleefan

Welcome jsbodhi and Della! It's nice to have you join our conversation. How long have you been sober? What's working for you?

I wish my kitchen was big enough for a couch, it that I had an open concept floor plan. I have to settle for a pass through in the wall between the kitchen and dining room. It does the trick! Today on my day off from work I make a few meals for the week - taco filling for the kids, meatballs and sauce, and a crockpot pork ragu. I also made a healthified version of a peanut butter chocolate chip cake.

It's nice to get back to cooking and cleaning again. I'm not much of a clean freak, but I do like to cook. For a while though I was hurting pretty badly, and couldn't motivate myself to do much beyond the bare minimum. Some people become sober and hit the ground running, others don't. I didn't. But I kept at yet, and slowly my body and my emotions caught up. If you're struggling today, I urge you to keep moving forward. Life will improve if you're sober. If you're drinking or stuck in addiction, it doesn't stand a chance. We're all here to lend an ear and a soft place for each other to land while we work through the issues surrounding our recovery from addiction and celebrate each other's victories.

Have a nice day Undies!