Old 01-19-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LBrain

My situation is a bit different. Because I was made to go to rehab, iop and attend meetings... when I completed my "program" my employer showed me the door. They put me on STD and I had to comply with the stipulations. Then when they 'cleared' me to return to work, they said don't bother... long story.

During that time, I discovered SR and AVRT. I already committed to never drink again. AVRT crash course was a good read for me - it was enough. I attempted to do that other 'program' but found it so demeaning and destructive to my psyche that it was more of a negative influence than a helpful one.

But I relied heavily on SR to get me through the early tough times. Other than SR, I don't use any kind of 'support' for my old drinking problem. It's no longer an issue and hasn't been for many months. My social circumstances are different than many. I was basically cut off from my "friends" when I sobered up. I am starting new things and heading in a different direction. It's like starting life over. But without the drink this time.