Old 01-19-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
MegaSpratt

I know this post is old but I found it familiar. The hallucinations are hell, heart trying to pound out of my chest. This isnt my first rodeo with withdrawal yet I can say, where I live, they don't keep me in the hospital, they put me in the drunk tank and boot me to the detox facility where I do withdrawals and I never want to shower there. The place is filthy and the food sucks. When I do doze off I get startled awake by whoever is taking blood pressures all through the night. The staff told me I will get sent there every time I call 911 if there's alcohol in my system. Even if I have a broken leg. Tapering has worked for me in the past as has using xanax. Though xanax was tricky to acquire since its highly addictive as well. My BAC last time was .349 after about 7-8 hours since my last drink. Can't imagine what it was before that. People like us are literally drinking ourselves to death, it takes a ****ton of willpower to free ourselves and alcohol takes away willpower. Conundrum. But hopefully everyone that posted has been victorious. I only wish you all the best <3