Old 01-19-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Katchie

Originally Posted by ConcernedSAHD View Post
Thank you all for the responses.

Well, her brother had substance abuse problems and overcame them. Would I contact him directly about this or ask her to initiate the conversation?
I don't believe your wife will initiate the conversation. She is actively drinking and actively hiding it. My AH keeps telling me he will talk to his brother, but he has not and I won't be holding my breath waiting for him to make that move because he is still not ready to begin recovery. He may never be, I do not know.

You asked if you have anything to do with her alcoholism; I would like to say if you are helping her hide it, if you are not letting her feel and face the consequences of her bad decisions that are rightfully hers, if you are cleaning up her messes in any way, then yes, you are helping her continue comfortably in her addiction. I have had to learn this the hard way.

Please seek out Al-anon or Celebrate Recovery for yourself. The best defense is the best offense and helping yourself in this way is the offensive moves you need to take. Left untreated BY YOUR WIFE, it will only get worse. I capitalized that because she, and she alone, is the only one who can decide when recovery begins. But you, you can decide when your own recovery begins now.

I am so very sorry you find yourself here. The pain is awful. Big hugs, you'll be in my prayers.