Old 01-18-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Whitewingeddove

sometimes the little things are harder to say no to than the bigger things

My AS called last night to see if "I might possibly put minutes on his phone" and said he "had a couple of days of work lined up and would pay me back this week...he promised". I asked him why he didn't just go without his phone for the next few days but of course he doesn't want to do that. I told him that I really didn't think I was willing to help him out as he has too long of a history of not doing what he says he will do. I told him I loved him very much...but that's just the reality of the situation at this point. Surprisingly he didn't get angry..he just said " yeah, I know ma, I'm sorry" and that was pretty much the end of the conversation.

Of course I know I made the right decision, but why does saying no to something so small seem to still be gnawing at me today? I know if I had said yes, I would have been pissed at myself for caving down the road. Just seems interesting that saying no to something minor seems to be harder than saying no to the bigger things, and harder to stop thinking about.