View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JadedGirl

Day 7! can't believe it's been a week!

Wow day 7!! Never ever thought I'd ever make a week!
After last night being so hard today has been really good :-)

My friend suggested I should treat myself to celebrate and suggested a nomination bracelet which I thought was a lovely idea so I've been out and bought myself one and my first charm to celebrate a week is a butterfly. I always think of freedom when I think of butterflies so seemed pretty apt.

Noticed a few things today too.
As I was about to leave town after buying the bracelet I saw a police car and immediately panicked, then had a moment of 'omg there's no way I'm over the limit, I didn't drink last night, or the day before, or the day before' haha
Also got told we are having a 1% pay rise (bless the NHS so generous (sarcastic btw lol) and worked that out to be £17pm. Immediately converted that into 3 bottle of wine! Didn't realise how everything I do is affected by the damn stuff.
Feels good to finally be free (like my little butterfly charm :-)

Also bought my friend a lovely little glass ornament with a friendship saying and a thankyou card for never giving up on me and for being the one who really got through to me last weekend. It's not a lot compared to what she's given me but it was nice to give just a little something back.

This is the first night I'm not craving too. I know there's going to be a lot of difficult times ahead but it's amazing tonight to not have that feeling and to feel free of it. Tomorrow my daughter is going to her dads and I'll be here alone so that's going to be challenging but I know I'll get through it and that will be the first weekend done :-)

Hope everyone is having a good night x