View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Nollaig

Originally Posted by lifeanew View Post
Punched AV in the face last night and told the SOB to get out of my life because he's not welcome here any more!! Have a blessed weekend my friends!!
I've finally figured out what AV stands for!!! lol! Obviously, alcohol as destroyed most of the grey matter if it has taken me this long!

Now, I have to admit this is the first time ever that I have made a conscious effort to give up booze for longer than a week ...ever. So I'm taking from reading your helpful posts here, that it is to be expected to feel a bit tired then in the first few weeks? That's a relief

I must say, I am beginning to sleep better...I fall asleep more easily and I am sleeping deeper, I think. Could also be the wearing of cotton wool in my ears so my hubbies' snoring doesn't keep disturbing me. But I'm sure it has something to do with the lack of booze. Even if I only drank one small glass (on the rare occasion), I would still feel my sleep was disrupted...probably because everything I've read lately has told me that alcohol disturbs the second cycle of your sleep, so I'm kind of all geared up to be disturbed by it anyway. But I'm doing better and whatever the reason is, I like it.

Have also done loads today...normally feel too tired to do anything but veg in front of awful tv progs...probably doing as much damage to the grey matter as the alcohol. For gosh sakes, I've recently started watching Lost again as I still haven't got to the end of it!! Pathetic, I know! But today, despite being sick all week, I have done loads of tidying and decluttering and I'm feeling great. I'm also really, really, REALLY loving waking up and feeling good about myself, because a) I didn't drink the day before and b) and usually because of a), I didn't overeat the night before!!!! I have a lot of exercising and toning up to do, but I feel I'm not making the situation worse any more and I may even begin to see improvements once I start to exercise on a regular basis. Got to start using my trampoline more often...love my trampoline. Best investment ever.

Anyho, great to share here. My husband does not want to give up...he would like to reduce his consumption, which I'm happy enough about. He does drink too much too, but I think he's not as addicted as I am. But he's not particularly interested in all my health stuff...I think I bore him, so great to have here to discuss it. I also discovered the health section here...brilliant. I need that so much.

It's very helpful to read about the challenges, some perhaps more unexpected than others, that people are experiencing. I guess I feel much less alone in trying to give up, whatever the reason and reading peoples' responses, I feel I'm being given extra stength to cope. I hope, as time goes by and I get to know you guys better, that I'll be able to help others too.

Have a grrrrreat Saturday folks!