Old 01-17-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
whitehorses

Originally Posted by ShenzyT View Post
Hi there everyone,

Just thought I'd do a quick post.
It's 15mins after midnight here in Scotland ... and I've just come in from a house party that I was invited to....

Jeezo - it's very interesting sitting watching everyone when you're sober.....
Even more interesting - is everyone looking at me !!! Waiting !!!! For me to get on the table & start dancing, or for me to start swiging the wine out of the bottle, or for me to do some other thing that everyone can laugh at "look at Shenzy .... good old Shenzy, she never lets us down, she's such a laugh when she's drunk" !!!

It didn't happen .... so instead, I got various comments thrown at me

"come on and have a real drink"
"my god, you're such a woose"
"you're so quiet when you're sober"
"it's boring when you're sober"
"just have a drink & leave your car"
"life's too short to stop drinking...."

I feel mentally exhausted .... I felt very out of place !!! If it wasn't for another 2 people there, who were sober & driving, I would have been at a complete loss .......
I sat like a wee mouse with the other 2 sober folks .... I could barely strike up a conversation with anyone ..... I thought I would have been a bit more outgoing.......

Anyhow - It won't be me waking up with a stinking hangover in the morning. Thank god.
xxxx
Well done you! you were not boring at all, you were witnessing your friends go from being normal, to very very drunk, and the wanted to involve you in this. It is an eyeopener isnt it when you see the changes yourself, and i bet the thought crossed your mind.."That used to be me".. well, it is not you anymore and give yourself a huge pat on the back. I have witnessed this too, can be quite amusing, and they will do anything to encourage you to drink. Go Shenzy! ps you cant be outgoing with drunken people.