View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 02:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GracieLou

Originally Posted by sillyguy View Post
I'm curious if anybody else was hit by huge changes in emotion/mood after a few weeks into sobriety.
Yes, the roller coaster of emotions can get pretty crazy at times, perfectly normal.

When I get angry, the first thing I want to do is blame others for it. They are making me that way.

What I have discovered is that is usually stems from me. In my case it meant I wanted to control some person, place or thing. I wanted to be able to change the situation that was out of my control and it basically pisses me off.

The only thing I can change, is me and my reaction to the person, place or thing.

When it comes to your drinking buddies, get the hell out of there! If you were on a diet would you stand in the dessert isle all day? Of course you are going to get angry, all that cake and pie around and you can't have any.

Leave, you are not a tree, you can move.

Up and down emotions are normal. We are not used to them, we drank them all away but that is an illusion. They never went anywhere. They sit and wait for us and when we get sober, there they are.

That is why moving, changing jobs or significant others does not work cause no matter where we go, there we are. We have to solve the issues on the inside, the ones that made us drink or the ones we have been running from.

Alcohol was my solution for a problem, it was not the original problem.