Old 01-16-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Clementina

Hi everyone!

I don't normally struggle with weekends too much since I work from home anyway. But tonight my AV kicked in big time. "Oh, my boyfriend is coming to visit me so I should pick up a six pack of my favorite IPA's for when he gets here. It will be a nice treat for him. And I'll have just a little bit, too. A treat for us both."

Reality: My boyfriend can drink safely. I can't. And he was really worried about my drinking. I made a promise to myself and to him that I won't drink anymore. If I have a 6 pack when he shows up, he'll worry I've relapsed. Because I WILL have. And THAT'S not much of a treat.

Let's face it, if I get that 6 pack I'm going to drink at least 3 if not 4 of those IPA's. That's enough to get me pretty buzzed and start slurring my words and forgetting things. He doesn't like to interact with me when I'm like that. What kind of a treat would that be?!

So, turns out that this "treat" for my partner is actually just like the time Homer Simpson bought a bowling ball for Marge. He bought a gift for himself and disguised it as a gift for her. And let's face it, I wasn't trying to buy the 6 pack for him. I was trying to buy it for ME. Or, the alcohol monster was trying to get me to buy it a 6 pack so it could feed itself.

Monster, you can go back to bed now and stay there. Thank you.