Thread: New here!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lewnatic

New here!

Hello!

I'm 22 years old, and while I don't consider myself an alcoholic, I am becoming more aware of my drinking bad habits. I suffer from depression/anxiety, and in February 2012 I accidentally began using alcohol to relieve it. I didn't know the deal with the Devil I had made that time - I had drank alcohol and been drunk many times before, but socially for leisure and only on those occasions. Fast forward 4 years and I can't seem to unwind without a drink, especially at the end of the day. I tell myself that, as a man of my word, I won't have a drink tonight. But, somehow, I talk myself into it.

I am currently undergoing CBT for my generalized anxiety disorder, and while I find it helpful on so many levels, it has yet to make even the slightest impact on my drinking. I feel like if I don't get off this path, I will spiral further down it and eventually become an alcoholic.

I'm not sure why I'm here. I don't know what questions I have, or what answers I'm looking for... But maybe I'll find them?