Thread: First post
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Usetosmile

First post

This is my first post. I have been coming to your site now for several months reading everyone's posts. Some of them I could have written myself. My AH and I have been married for 20yrs but together for 27. We have 4 beautiful children, 2 girls (17 & 13) and 2 boys (16 & 14). AH has always been a drinker but has gotten progressively worse for the last 6 years. He blames on the fact that I decided to get a job, but I know he would blame it on anything but himself. Thanks to this forum I have learned to start to let go. I no longer get physically sick worrying about him. I am learning not to walk on eggshells. The kids and I talk about what there dad does and how it's a sickness. They no longer go to him with problems, questions, or good news. This breaks my heart because I know how much the man I married loves them. Unfortunately I don't recognize the guy sitting next to me sound asleep snoring because he already had too much. And the lies, oh my gosh!!! Sometimes I just want to ask him if he really thinks I am that STUPID!!! He swore up and down when he got home from the liquor store that he didn't drink anything on the way home. He just brought a bottle home for later. He says this as he has "drunk eyes" and is slurring his words. Do they really think nobody can tell. Geez. Anyway I guess I just finally got up enough nerve to vent. It's so nice and sad at the same time to know others are going through the same thing.