Old 01-15-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Ruby2

Whoa! Busy thread already! Ellay, I hope your son is feeling better soon. Poor guy.

Billy Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins opened a tea shop in one of the north suburbs of Chicago. Keeping him busy I guess although I heard on the radio that they are releasing two albums this year.

I was thinking of Pete Townsend this morning, thanks PK.

Long day. And venting. Left work late as I sometimes do when I have a day off I don't normally do. Took a couple of hours to get home because the expressway was super slow. Probably. to as slow as side streets but hey,the scenic route. I had to stop to pay Mr. Ruby's cellphone bill and while I was there he called, cranky as all get out, get home now, where are you, blah, blah, blah. He needed a cigarette. So I rushed home. He bestirred himself to make dinner which was a steak I had bought earlier in the week. I heard it was delicious because no one saved me any. I arrived home to a counter and sink stacked with dirty dishes. So no one saved me dinner AND I had to clean up after everyone.

I know Trach suggested last week I cut my husband some slack as he was withdrawing because I know what it's like but here's the other side of the coin. The sober spouse is Cinderella before the prince enters the picture. He sobers up "I'll never do it again, I'm done, I'm so sorry" spends all his time in bed recuperating, and asks that I cut him slack, don't hassle him, he doesn't need the pressure right now. Then when he feels better he goes right back out there. Starting all over again. I'm left doing most of everything around the house in addition to working full time. Not asking for sympathy, just letting off some steam. Some of those cozy empty taverns I passed on the side streets home looked a little too inviting for comfort.

Time to get the kids in bed. It's good to see everyone.