Old 01-15-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
carlingford

Originally Posted by Clementina View Post
Hmmmm. I've had a few random headaches and I couldn't figure out why. Maybe these are "phantom hangovers?"

Sometimes if I work out too hard in the evening, I wake up with a workout hangover. It's both dehydration and too much physical exertion. Could that be what's going on with you?

Now that I don't drink, I actually realize I don't think to drink water as often as I should. Dehydration sneaks up on me & I usually don't feel the headache/hangover until the next day.

I'm finding that making hydration into a treat helps. And helps me fight cravings, too. Two birds! Been learning some new mocktail recipes. Stocked up on juices, grenadine, sodium-free club soda, bitters (yes I know bitters has some alcohol but for me a splash of bitters for flavor works just like vanilla extract or mouthwash-- it's not a trigger for me, and the drink remains NA). Or I just discovered I like to squeeze lemons and sliced cucumber into a mason jar of cold water and leave it in the fridge so I can grab it and go.

Every time I start sipping one of these hydrating healthy beverages, I realize I'm actually really thirsty

Maybe you're more dehydrated than you realize?

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Thanks for that Clemintina very good advice, actually I went for a run last night and long walk, more exercise than I have done in years so in hindsight I think I overdid it, small walk tonight and early night, hopefully no phantom hangover tomorrow morn, I have been drinking plenty of water and herbal tea today, I am feeling good now and put it down to what you wrote, more tomorrow with update