View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Serenidad

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Like RAL, I followed this same path and am also happy with my little career, where I earn only 1/3 what I did 5 years ago. My personal life is much better these days, and my weekends are full of adventure and promise. I can wake up each day with few worries, and go to bed with even fewer. I like that, and I think you will too. Concentrate on your sobriety. A word of caution: be careful not to use this time to relapse and drink again. Being an unemployed and active alcoholic can lead many to rock bottom very quickly. It sounds like you're doing this for the right reasons, and as long as you keep the focus on staying sober each day, and not wavering in that committment, you'll find what you're looking for. Patience is key, stick to it.
Thank you bigsombrero. That's very good advice. I plan to use my time to go to AA, SR. work the steps, exercise and get healthy. I am not going back! It's hell out here! I'm really glad to hear you don't regret quitting your job! I'm so glad you are happy now. It gives me hope!