View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mikie9

You stopped for a reason, correct? Tell us that reason. I know there was a reason because you have stopped and you are asking for help not to drink tonight. Play out the evening and where you will end up tonight when you stumble to bed, wakng up tomorrow wondering why you did this to yourself.

I can give you some reasons not to get drunk tonight.

What if an emergency happens with the kids?

What if something happens to a family member and you need to get somewhere on your own?

What if you wake up 20 years from now and you life is in shambles because, "I just had a good time. My thoughts would be more creative, I'd feel numbed from the world and it just felt good." ?

I want to go back to the easy way of feeling good, but I have too many reasons not too. So do you and I encourage you with unending support to do so.

Eat some ice cream, seriously. Or anything that you like that has sugar, and do your hobbies. The internet and TV don't go away because you aren't drinking. At some point this won't be enough, but tonight it is.

Fight! You can get past this challenge. You are stronger than it, and you know this.