Old 05-01-2005, 10:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
knottedup

OMG! You sound just like me! It's comforting to know that out there, some where, there is another voice.

I've found that the people who have strong reactions with this truth generally have a problem. Is there a social drinker? Probably (though I don't think I know any). The problem is the way our society treats alcohol. To even look at beer adds, one could conclude using alcohol was a way to escape.

I have a five year old. When he had just turned 3, my husband was jumped (by his "best friend" and some other guy) in front of him in our home when I was not there. He started asking questions the next day (when we got home from the hospital) about why his "uncle" would do that so I told him:

1. Alcohol is a poison
2. It will make your brain do strange things
3. This makes you act stupid
4. In our family, alcohol has a good chance of killing you

A year later wwe spent a week at my A dad's house. He was having a BBQ and asked my son to run in and get him another beer and my son simply said, "No Grandpa, I don't want to make you act stupid."

Some of my friends say I took it to far but you know what? I have the chance to save my son's life and that is more important than what my friend's say. Stick to it!