View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
DuhDave

I'am now entering the "DANGER ZONE" !

So far in my recovery and sobriety I have felt like I was in the "Twilight Zone"...but now, going into Day 10 today is the "Danger Zone". This is a real scary period of time for me and potential relapse. It seems in my past Quit's, Day's 10-15 have been A very "slippery" for me on several occasions.

Well NOT THIS TIME !!!

I intend to fortify my sobriety with AA meetings 2X a day and extended workout sessions at the gym. Nothing too strenuous but just being out of my "Element" and my head for longer amounts of time for the next week at least. I hope after a week or so of this concentrated effort, I will start to like it and want to keep up the pace. I'am reading that regular excercise can greatly help to minimize depression ! I'am all for THAT !

I suspect some trips to the library and some nice lunch time places I have been intending to visit will help as well. Oh...and there are a few movies I have been wanting to see...

I have really become quite interested in CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) in regards to treating depression with seems to be the symptom of many disorders. I find it fascinating and have much more to learn.

The first 7-10 days have been mainly regarding the physical detox and ridding my body of the poison. So far it has gone well for me. So now it's time to concentrate my efforts on rebuilding ME...and my life !

SO !...here's to Day 10...AND BEYOND !

DD