View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NerdlyBeauty

Ok, so here's my dilemma...

I want to start by saying how grateful I am for finding this forum. Today in particular, I am finding humor in my situation and the hell my AXBF is putting me through. Hell, I may get a book out of this

But I digress...

As many of you probably know (from me hijacking threads all day. Sorry!) I have a six year old son with my AXBF. Last night, I made the decision to completely cut him out of our lives. He is in severe relapse, and when he's drinking, he is sexually, verbally, and emotionally abusive towards me. I absolutely will not allow my son to grow up thinking that's how a man treats a woman.

In the past, I have tried to make it work with him seeing our son. Unfortunately, I have to be there because he is always drunk. I refuse to do that anymore, and I refuse to explain to that a-hole why, because he won't hear it, anyway. He is blocked, blocked, blocked completely.

We, thankfully, were never married, and in MA, the Mother has full rights unless she is unfit. And one thing I am not is an unfit mother, no matter what my son's father says.

So, my question is...how do I explain to my son why he can't see his dad anymore? Again, he is only 6, and I don't want him to hate his dad, and I don't want him to hate me later on for keeping his dad from him. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks! I love you guys!!!!!