View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DuhDave

Day 8 v10.0.0 and doing GREAT !!!

Well a whole week behind me plus a day and I'am reaping the benefit's and rewards of total sobriety ! I'am one of the very few individuals that have suffered NO Physical withdrawal pains or symtoms and for this I'am extremely Grateful !

Felt a little blah starting out...day 4 was a killer ! Felt like I was a Zombie ...kinda like taking a heavy hit of Valium !...just knocked me out !
Other than that...it's getting better each day and I'am losing the "fog" but it will be quite a while before I'am in the "clear". I'am not rushing it. Just adapting.

Drank enough water the first 5 days to float a battleship ! Day 6 and 7, it has eased off and I feel rehydrated. Even the scales say I've gained two pounds. I'am sure it is water weight.

Now for the serious ****. I'am sleeping...eh...good. Takes a while to get to sleep, toss and turn for an hour or two...then Bang ! I just wake up 8-10 hours later...about to "Burst" ! You know what I mean. :-)
Never even remember falling asleep. This is subject to change of course. Sleep is usually all over the place the first month or two. I understand this and allow for it.

My appetite came back on day 2 with a vengence! I eat a lot...and graze a
lot...heavy on the protein at breakfast and lunch and a light dinner. LOTS of fresh fruit, Strawberries, Grapes, Melons (various), pineapple, banana's...helped a lot to keep my sweet tooth at bay. I got to where I wanted nothing sweet at ALL ! I wanted REAL FOOD ! Protein, Carbs and fat's ! and VEGGIE'S !!!

A little Hersey's "Dark Chocolate" to take the "edge" off was really the extent of any real "Sugar". One thing I think is helping...I have been Caffein free (other than the Chocolate) since August of last year. Something about chocolate. It just "works".

My BP mildly "Spiked" the first few days and I contacted my Doc. He asked me a few question's and said I seemed to be pretty safe and he doubled my BP meds for 3 days. Brought the BP down and now it is the lowest I have seen it since my last quit. (Note: Drinking DOES elevated BP especially during acute withdrawal). I even stopped by my Doc's office today and they checked my BP and said I was fine.

Well, I see I'am getting a little long winded here. There is so much I want to share with you all...but, later.

I know Day 8 is only scratching the surface but every day I can tack together is just building confidence and determination in me to make this quit "STICK" !

Now it's..."Your Turn" to get started on the road to sobriety !

DD

Thank You for being here for me and I hope I can be of some help to you.