Thread: Day one...Again
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
lovehoops

Hi all..and thank you again for your wishes. I KNOW that I have to stop. I feel physically awful (and look pretty crappy too). I am a teacher and mom of 3 teenagers. My husband runs a business which is struggling bc of the economy. I have been putting him thru hell. Besides financial stress, he worries what he will find me like. I "think" i'm hiding it but i'm not!

Last night was awful....I decided to drink after work then show up at my son's HS basketball game..DISASTER..My daughter and husband knew right away. He wouldn't sit with me and she was completely embarrassed. He dragged me out of the gym as soon as it was over and drove my car home. What made it worse...my son had his best game ever, scoring 23 points. The team carried him on their shoulders at the end and everyone cheered for him. I was too drunk to really follow the game and not their to celebrate...nor was my husband. I'm crying while I write this. My son doesn't know why we left. Was i serious in thinking I could get away with hit?nHow willI ever face those parents again?

I am looking into counseling and plan on sticking with you guys. My AA experience, though it worked, was not very positive...