View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
tootsl1
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sass of course Carlos won't mind a hug, just be prepared for him to try and cop a feel!!

Or has being a Pappy changed you that much Carlos! Seriously, I felt the same with my wee grandson, still do, he is a big reason for my sobriety.
Seriously, I am so happy that you got to enjoy such precious moments. As a parent now, your daughter will soon realise that all is not black and white in life. She may always hold some resentment over your past behaviour, but I hope she will be more accepting of your fallibility. You have the change to make a wonderful relationship there, I adored my grandfather.
Petals Sass is spot on about f2f and even if you don't want to go to AA, a sober friend is a must.

Glee there are so many here who get so much from your posts, I am always in awe of how you have coped with your first (almost) year of sobriety, with so many trials to overcome.

LS stick close, ignore AV and set a pattern early on in your new life, routine helps to banish AV in much the same way as in early days it gives it a voice. You have the oportunity to generate so many non alcohol related memories just now, that if you are strong, alcohol truly can be a thing of the past to you.

BeFree, my wee friend, I am so proud to be your friend as I watch you growing from strength to strength in your sobriety.

Trachy, I know you are just mushy, under that hard shell, don't even pretend otherwise!